If you are planning a trip, arranging business travel or just want to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible, a taxi to Dover will often be the most convenient option for most.
As a customer, you’re likely looking for efficient travel at the most affordable price. Whether you need a taxi while in Dover or an airport taxi to Dover, our guide will help you find the cheapest taxi.
If you’re a cab driver and looking for cheaper cover, Utility Saving Expert can help you save money on your taxi insurance.
Many providers will allow you to book through their website or by using a smartphone app.
How do I book a Dover taxi?
Here’s some of the details you’ll need before booking your taxi:
- Where you’re heading to and from
- The number of people travelling
- The dates you’re planning on travelling
- Do you require a single trip or return trip?
Once you have this information, you should be able to get a quick quote from a whole range of providers within minutes when booking.
Here are some of the options you can expect when booking:
- Dover Airport Transfer – 30 minutes parking, 30 minutes wait time with meet and greet included. Covers transfers to/from all airports near Dover. Single and group travel options available.
- Port Transfer – Includes 30 minutes parking, 30 minutes wait time with meet and greets. Covers transfer to/from Dover cruise terminal and other nearby ports.
- Dover Taxis – Request taxis to/from all Dover areas, including trips to/from anywhere in Europe. Special promotional offers on Dover to Calais taxis. Wheelchair and executive taxis available on request.
- Executive Transfers – Executive vehicles available on request for all types of transfers. The latest luxury vehicle models can be booked with highly rated services and free WiFi included.
Dover Ferry Port
The port of Dover has millions of ferry passengers each and every year. Pre-book a taxi if you want to avoid the rush and take the easy route to get to Dover ferry terminal.
Dover ferry port is known as the ‘Gateway to Europe’, and has cross channel ferry crossings 24 hours a day. This is one of Europe’s busiest international ferry ports used by business travellers and holidaymakers to travel throughout Europe.
Here are some of the most highly rated taxis and shuttles in Dover according to Tripadvisor:
- Horizon Private Hire – Rated 5 stars from 146 reviews
- Ed’s Taxi Dover – Rated 5 stars from 31 reviews
- Aspect Private Hire – Rated 5 stars from 30 reviews
- Whitfield Cars Dover – Rated 5 stars from 11 reviews
- Central Taxis Dover – Rated 5 stars from 4 reviews
- Dover Heritage Taxis – Rated 4.5 stars from 3 reviews
- Dover Royal Taxis – Rated 4 stars from 16 reviews
Dover is a town and major ferry port in Kent, South East England. It faces France across the Strait of Dover, the narrowest part of the English Channel. The town is the home of the Port of Dover.
Whether it’s personal or business travel, we wish you a safe and comfortable journey.